Communication Manager 60%, Zurich/Lucerne/remote
The SCION Association is a newly born non-profit organization facilitating the global adoption of the SCION next generation Internet to meet the growing requirements for reliability, security, performance, and compliance in the digital economy, fueled by the proliferation of and dependency on interconnected machines, devices and people.
We are looking for an individual who could independently manage the Association’s communication and marketing activities, and will play a critical role in communicating innovations about the next-generation Internet to the global community. On the side, you will also be responsible for some administrative tasks.
- Drive the implementation of the content strategy
- Liaise and manage external communication agencies
- Build, manage and curate the Association’s social and online presence (Website, Linkedin, Twitter, Blog, Newsletter, …)
- Write and curate content on SCION and the Association ( articles / blogs / updates / press releases)
- Organize community events (webinars, SCION Day, …)
- Act as spokesperson of the Association, coordinating contacts with the press
- Plan, create, and execute marketing campaigns to expand the Association‘s reach and its potential members
The starting date is as soon as possible.
What we offer:
The SCION Association offers you interesting challenges in the field of cybersecurity. You will be part of a small, young, motivated and international team, and get exposure to the latest developments in the field.
- Flexible working hours and location (office & remote work options)
- A possibility to grow into different roles with higher levels of responsibility.
- The opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and ambitious start-up team at an exciting time of growth
- The opportunity to contribute to the possibly biggest evolution of the public Internet since its inception
You should be independent and self-driven, and have experience with communication in a technical environment. You bring proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics, with a keen eye for detail. Furthermore, you enjoy working with people and will rise to meet unforeseen challenges. Ideally, you bring in some of the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written English and German communication skills, including ability to speak in public with good charisma
- 3+ years of professional experience in marketing/communications.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a startup environment and execute in the presence of ambiguity and change
- Clear copywriting and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- A great attention to detail.
- Ability to understand network-related products and services, or experience in the space of IT/cybersecurity are a strong plus